- Multi Disciplinary Services
- Mining Geology & Resource Estimation
- Mineral Resource & Ore Reserve Reporting
- Mining Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Minerals & Metallurgy Processing
- Tailings & Waste Management
- Water Management
- Environmental & Social
- Mining Economics
Ongoing Monitoring, Regulatory Reviews & Audits
SRK can provide both short term and long term monitoring plans for tailings storage facilities, both for existing facilities and during the design of new facilities. Monitoring provisions should include:
- The installation of piezometers to monitor groundwater mounding beneath and surrounding the facility
- Surface and groundwater quality sampling both upstream and downstream of the facility, the trialling and monitoring of closure strategies, including slope treatments and covers
- Monitoring reports prepared at appropriate intervals which are accessible, easily understood and transparent to stakeholders
Our technical specialists, from a range of disciplines, work together to ensure that the most cost effective and indicative monitoring techniques are applied to any given operation.
The design and construction of all storage facilities must be compliant with local government performance standards and international best practice guidelines. SRK has provided due diligence reviews for numerous organisations who require expert knowledge on permitting requirements, legislative procedures and environmental regulation worldwide. SRK utilises the combined knowledge of its teams based in office locations worldwide to ensure that appropriate permitting and legal requirements are adhered to.
Currently SRK is involved in numerous Feasibility Study audits, having developed expertise through work with financial and government institutions, investors and operating companies.