- Multi Disciplinary Services
- Mining Geology & Resource Estimation
- Mineral Resource & Ore Reserve Reporting
- Mining Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Minerals & Metallurgy Processing
- Tailings & Waste Management
- Water Management
- Environmental & Social
- Mining Economics
You are hereHome ›
Grade Control & Reconciliation
Understanding grade distribution, optimising mining selectivity and controlling mining dilution and losses through grade control are essential for achieving the mine plan. SRK has the expertise to implement, monitor, analyse and react to grade control data. This allows the results to be reconciled against planned production and actual plant data. Minimising the difference between planned and actual production will improve business performance.
- On-site design, implementation and review of systems, protocols and processes
- Differentiation of ore types for mining and processing
- Reconciliation of resource models, grade control models and mining and plant feed records
- Optimisation of stockpiling and blending strategy
- Identifying problems and troubleshooting
- Training for data capture, analysis methods and regular production reporting
When designing or reviewing grade control strategy, SRK considers the detailed geological controls on grade distribution, optimal sample spacing, sample collection, preparation and analysis, and mining selectivity vs production rate.
When undertaking reconciliation studies, SRK considers resource models used for short and long-term mine planning, ore type demarcation, truck allocation records, pit and stockpile surveys, plant feed records and production results. Where differences are found between these stages, the reasons for these are assessed to understand whether an attempt should be made to change working practices and data capture methods. If appropriate we may incorporate historical factors in production forecasts to improve the accuracy of forecasting mill feed tonnage and grade estimates.
SRK employs a number of geologists with significant experience from international operations, where their duties included grade control, optimising the selective extraction of ore and routine reporting of the multiple components of reconciliation.
Our geologists possess a sound understanding of a wide variety of mining operations, coupled with geological modelling, sample theory and their practical application.
SRK has a large skill base in the use of advanced mining software packages, such as Datamine, GEMS, Vulcan and Surpac, Leapfrog and Minex, and has a good understanding of the estimation methods suited to grade control in many different commodities and styles of deposit.