- Multi Disciplinary Services
- Mining Geology & Resource Estimation
- Mineral Resource & Ore Reserve Reporting
- Mining Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Minerals & Metallurgy Processing
- Tailings & Waste Management
- Water Management
- Environmental & Social
- Mining Economics
Effective, efficient and secure electronic storage of technical data is a fundamental aspect of good quality exploration, Mineral Resource estimation and mine planning. SRK provides services and solutions to capture, validate, analyse and manage your technical data helping communicate the results with precision and clarity.
- Digitisation of historical paper-based plans capturing 3D vector formats
- Digital capture of historical paper-based sample information such as borehole logs
- Independent advice for third-party data storage solutions
- Validation of captured data to confirm transcription and digitising accuracy
- Managing of data relating to on-going exploration and mining sample collection
When capturing and validating electronic data, SRK takes into account the required formats for mining software or AutoCAD/GIS packages. Validation of the project data is performed by utilising multiple data entry to check for transcription errors or by undertaking spot checks. This, together with regular auditing of captured data, ensures a robust dataset is maintained throughout the project.
SRK has the expertise to efficiently manage a client's data through the construction of a tailor-made database. Our technical experts are capable of providing well-informed advice on security and back-up of data, formats for importing and exporting, and recommendations of third-party providers for web-hosting, data uploading, downloading and communication of results.
Our data management-services may be applied in remote field locations or in the head office or mine site environment.
SRK's consultants have undertaken numerous projects where historical work has been brought into an electronic format, integrated with ongoing work and incorporated into modern methods of project appraisal. We have extensive experience of digitising paper-based technical data, in particular for projects located in the Former Soviet Union and India. SRK is also experienced in providing independent confirmatory drilling programmes and capturing, validating and managing the associated data.