Infrastructure and Logistics
Whether a project concerns the expansion of an existing operation or a new mine development, infrastructure and logistics often present significant commercial and operational challenges that require practical and cost effective solutions to ensure a project’s economic viability. One of SRK’s key strengths is the large pool of experienced professionals from both the UK and around the world who provide a strategic service for a variety of infrastructure and logistics projects.
- Design study execution and project management
- Due diligence and competent persons reports
- Independent technical reviews, scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Mine site layouts and bulk earthworks
- Access, light and heavy vehicle roads, workforce camps and associated support infrastructure
- Change houses, administration, mobile equipment maintenance and logistics stores
- Explosive storage and mine site waste management
- Utilities (fuel, power, water, communications and security)
- Power generation and transmission infrastructure
- Import, export and construction logistics
- Road, rail and slurry pipeline infrastructure
- Materials handling infrastructure (crushing, conveying and stockyard management)
- Port infrastructure (site selection, cargo handling, back of port and marine infrastructure)
- Geotechnical investigation, planning, procurement, supervision and reporting
- Capital and operating cost estimation, project scheduling and risk management
The primary drivers for any infrastructure and logistics study are to minimise capital investments and optimise operating expenditure without compromising the desired operational throughput, maintenance activities and the health, safety and welfare of the workforce, local communities and the environment.
Our approach to project delivery is focussed around managing uncertainty by identifying, assessing and mitigating project risks to achieve the desired level of accuracy and inform investment decisions.
Our highly experienced infrastructure and logistics team provides strategic advice and study management for various commodity mandates across a broad range of infrastructure industries.
Our project managers have extensive experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams and engaging clients and stakeholders to successfully deliver complex infrastructure and logistics projects in challenging environments.