Mining Business Improvement Services
Mining operations must continually seek to improve the unit cost of operations to remain competitive in world markets. This challenge, often coupled with the need to replenish mineable reserves, requires regular evaluation of new technology and mining methods.
SRK has the multi–disciplinary capability to carry our business and technical evaluations and to assist with the implementation of the findings.
Our expertise includes:
- Business Vision and Strategy alignment
- Identification of new reserves
- Optimisation of existing reserves
- Mine re-design for reserve optimisation
- Minimisation of future environmental cost via present day integrated action
- Mine economics and mine cost modelling
- Estimation of capital and operating costs
- Organisation Structure review
- Management Operating Process and Systems review
- Mine Planning, Layout and Scheduling review
- Business and Technical Process reviews
- Skills and capabilities studies
- Change Management
SRK would discuss and agree the detailed terms of reference for the assistance required on a case by case basis. A work programme would be developed based upon the identified key objectives and timing of the deliverables.
A typical scope could include:
- Phase 1 – Diagnosis of key strategic or operational issues
- Phase 2 – Analysis & Modelling -more detailed studies would be undertaken, analysed and new approaches modelled.
- Phase 3 Implementation – the identified solutions would be implemented in conjunction with key staff
- Phase 4 Perpetuation – Ongoing coaching and mentoring support would be provided to assist key staff in embedding the change in the organisation
SRK employs leading scientific, engineering, and business consultants. Its integrated services and global base has made the company a world leading practice in due diligence, feasibility studies and confidential reviews. It is a leading one stop consultancy offering specialist business and technical services to mining and exploration companies.
SRK numbers over 1500 clients amongst them most of the world’s major and medium sized metal and industrial mineral mining houses, exploration companies, banks, petroleum exploration companies, agribusiness companies, construction firms and government departments.