Mineral Deposit Evaluation - Sampling & QAQC
Appropriate Sampling and Quality Assurance /Quality Control (QA/QC) is essential in all aspects of the mineral deposit evaluation process to ensure the best possible confidence in resultant mineral resource and reserve estimates are achieved; the quality of an estimate is dependent on the quality of the data used.
- Independent reviewing and practical advice on sampling protocols to ensure compliance with international reporting codes
- Recommendations on QA/QC procedures from sampling through to assay and data management
- Independent review of QA/QC procedures and databases to ensure compliance with international reporting codes
- Chain of custody and, verification drilling programmes
- Review of sample preparation and laboratory facilities
SRK have experienced personnel who can audit, review and advise on quality control procedures, in addition to performing data reviews during all project phases.
When reviewing QA/QC data, SRK typically considers two defined areas: review of the QA/QC procedures in place, and review of the QA/QC database.
SRK's experienced consultants review existing sampling protocols and advise on the appropriate sampling strategy taking into account both theoretical and practical implications of sampling techniques.
Using a combination of analytical techniques and drawing upon their broad experience of best practice, SRK 's experts are capable of drawing pertinent conclusions and making recommendations to clients to ensure compliance with international reporting codes.
SRK understands the importance of a managed QA/QC programme for all projects, ensuring data quality which forms the basis for all resource estimates.
SRK's resource consultants have extensive experience in reviewing QA/QC data from all project stages, and have experience setting site and regional sampling protocols and associated QA/QC programmes. SRK has undertaken a number of projects managing electronic data capture, validation and management of QA/QC databases to ensure compliance with international reporting codes.