Independent Engineer - Due Diligence & EPCM Monitoring
- Fully independent technical audits of all aspects of metallurgy and processing
- Independent assessment and interpretation of metallurgical testwork
- Audit of feasibility study work
- Monitoring and progress reporting of metallurgical aspects during project implementation
- Capital cost and cost control monitoring over project life cycle
- Monitoring and evaluation of process and metallurgical performance tests
- Operational assessments and reporting
SRK is a privately owned, independent mining consultancy that acts on behalf of its clients in the role of a multidiscipline engineer to monitor and report on all aspects of a mining project during the project life cycle including processing and metallurgy.
SRK conducts technical audits, review and progress monitoring during project implementation, performance testing as part of the project handover and operational monitoring and reporting through start-up, ramp-up through to steady production.
- Independent Engineer (IE) acting on behalf of a major international bank on a large low grade bio-leaching nickel project, including preparation of the Technical Audit Report as part of a US$300 million loan facility, monitoring and reporting on the project on the metallurgical aspects of the new bio-heap leach process and the extensive metals recovery plant
- IE acting on behalf of financing syndicate for a refractory gold project in Romania reviewing the project’s Feasibility Study and providing ongoing monitoring of progress through detailed engineering to construction and initial production
- IE acting on behalf of financial institution for a gold project in Burkina Faso nearing commissioning, commencing with a review of the Feasibility Study and continuing with ongoing reviewing through engineering and construction
- IE acting on behalf of a funding syndicate for a copper-gold project in Kazakhstan, involving a review of progress through construction and commissioning, and ongoing monitoring production ramp-up and optimisation
- IE acting on behalf of a financial institution for a mineral sands project in Mozambique, involving a review of the project’s Feasibility Study and ongoing review of detailed engineering, construction, commissioning and production ramp-up and optimisation