Mine Water Supply
Mine water supply can be a critical aspect in the planning and development of a mining project, particularly in locations which are arid or experience prolonged dry seasons.
SRK provides specialist advice and support in the complete lifecycle of mine water supply, from preliminary resource assessment through to operational management of sustainable water supplies.
- Assessment of water demand through life of mine
- Preliminary resource mapping and desk-based evaluation
- Recharge estimation and catchment analysis
- Licensing and permitting
- Feasibility studies and options assessments
- Mine water balance
- Conjunctive use schemes
- Design and supervision of borehole drilling, well installation and pumping tests
- Design and supervision of submersible pumps, rising main and headworks
- Water supply wellfield design
- Groundwater and surface water modelling
- Water quality and treatment
- Risk assessment and impact prediction
- Pipeline analysis and design
- Reservoir yield analysis
Sustainable mine water supply is critical to a mining project, from meeting process water requirements to providing potable water for the mining community. SRK adopts a risk based approach to suit the mine development requirements and to optimise water supply.
We also ensure that wider objectives, including the long-term development strategy for the project, operational requirements and environmental considerations, are accommodated within our approach.
SRK has a blend of wide-ranging mining industry capability and technical water supply expertise which enables us to deliver effective and practical solutions to a project’s water supply needs.
Our team of specialists includes hydrogeologists, hydrologists, surface and groundwater modellers, geochemists and environmental scientists supported by civil, mining and process engineers. This expertise is supported by state of the art software tools including pumping test and well yield analysis, and modelling of groundwater flow, surface water hydrology and water balance.