Mining Related Human Rights Impact Assessment
Mining projects have the potential to seriously impact on the human rights of those people indirectly or directly affected by a project’s activities. For this reason a dedicated human rights impact assessment (HRIA) is becoming a required and important component of responsible corporate conduct. SRK can complete a HRIA that, where applicable, meets national legislation in the host country and meets international good practice based on the rights enumerated in the United Nations universal declaration of human rights.
Human Rights Impact Assessment including:
- Identification of people/ groups whose human rights may be directly or indirectly impacted by a project
- Identification of rights impacted
- Baseline investigation of current human rights status in project area
- Consultation with impacted stakeholders
- Development of mitigation and management plans
- Monitoring and evaluating implementation of management processes
SRK’s approach to human rights impact assessment is in line with international good practice (IFC, UN). SRK’s approach will:
- Be inclusive and transparent to those whose rights may be affected
- Work alongside and complement other impact assessments
SRK is highly experienced in the management, conducting and review of impact assessments, working to international guidelines and standards. SRK is experienced in conducting effective stakeholder engagement to assist clients during all stages of their operations. SRK has experience working on a wide range of projects in a large number of countries world wide.