- SRK News
- SRK UK supports Woodland Re-generation
- SRK opens Hong Kong Office
- SRK re-enters Peru
- Sunday Telegraph: Mining Supplement June 2011
- SRK Opens Ghana Practice
- SRK embraces changed image
- Sunday Telegraph: Mining Supplement September 2010
- SRK opens second office in Argentina
- SRK Consulting open new country practice in Kazakhstan
- SRK Global appoints new Chairman
- Dr. Oskar Steffen accepts Outstanding Achievement Award
- SRK opens Mongolia office
- SRK Sweden Celebrates First Year in Business
- Second Year Running, SRK Consulting (UK) Winners of The Times Best Companies to Work For
- SRK Consulting (UK) Celebrates 21 Years
- SRK Consulting (UK) Opens Office in Sweden
- British Consultancy Worldwide
- Adastra-Kolwezi Environmental and Social Impact Assesment
- SRK Group celebrates 35 years in business
- SRK Opens Chinese Office
- The 25th Anniversary of SRK Group
- Published Articles
- Metal Charts
- Feature Article
- Mining Brochure
- Upcoming Events
SRK Opens Chinese Office
SRK Opens Second Chinese Office
Increasing opportunities in China have convinced leading consulting group SRK Consulting to open a second office in the country, in Nanchang. The new office in Jiangxi Province represents a sister operation to the existing Beijing branch, opened in 2005.
Dr Yonglian Sun, managing director of SRK Consulting China, said SRK had identified a need to extend its capabilities within the mine design and operations areas to meet demand for services requested by Chinese entities, both locally and overseas.
While Kunming and Chengdu were also considered as possible locations for the second China office, it was decided Nanchang was more suitable because of its proximity to local Chinese specialist and design institutes.
“Jiangxi is a major mining province and has one of the three best mining design institutes (Nanchang Engineering & Research Institute of Nonferrous Metals) in China,” Dr Sun said. “Our intention is to develop close cooperation with the Chinese design institutes for projects that need to be signed off by the qualified Chinese institutes.”
The Beijing office, which has grown to more than 30 staff, will continue to provide geological, engineering and environmental consulting services to the mining industry throughout China.
Huang Yong (from the Beijing office) will manage the Nanchang office, which officially opened in January this year, and he will initially be in charge of three staff members. SRK hopes to increase this to 15-20 staff members by mid-2010.
Dr Sun said despite only opening four months ago, the new office has been busy.
“We have signed several projects since April 1, and it is anticipated that the business will increase quickly,” he said “There is a large presence of Chinese state-owned companies in overseas markets and we do see an increasing trend that SRK China will provide services in due diligence, feasibility study and mine design areas for these companies.”
For more information contact:
Dr Yonglian Sun
SRK Consulting China Ltd
Tel: +8610 8512 0365/0375